Now that you see the trailer, you'll want to know about all the neat stuff they've done: they've added hundreds of models for mappers to use, added a introductory mission that showcases some of the new models (also to introduce players to the gameplay), rendering improvements, a new AI unit, cubemap lights (greatly improved over the D3 stock way of doing it), uncapped FPS, and an updated Dark Radiant map editor! :) The Dark Mod is also on Steam Greenlight now.
From Func_Msgboard: World renowned Hawaiian zoo-keeper, extreme-metal online DJ and power-plant technician (think Homer Simpson with urban camo shorts) IONOUS has released his first stand-alone Quake map:
IqeBrowser is a program to browse IQE, IQM (Inter-Quake Model format) and many other 3D models. Any 3D model can be saved as IQM (a binary format) or IQE (a text format) file. You can download the latest version here. New features since 2.15 are:
- Skeleton/Model creator cuboid
- A new dialog. Creates models based on the skeleton and cuboids.
- Creates minecraft like models.
- Models can be imported from from the MCSkin3D application.
- Reuse of already existing minecraft model skins is possible.
- The current loaded model is exported as a Q3 player model.
- Resort joints tree by recursive walking the tree and bring the child's in a proper order.
- Re-links a joint to an other parent or make it a root joint.
- If meshes share the same texture, now all meshes are displayed. The selected mesh shows white lines, other meshes show light blue lines.
What is a Quake 2 Unit? It's a set of maps for Q2, similar to an episode of Quake. The plot is that you got dropped off a dropship prematurely and work his way to the surface.
Thank's to Func_Msgboard for the heads up!