Now that you see the trailer, you'll want to know about all the neat stuff they've done: they've added hundreds of models for mappers to use, added a introductory mission that showcases some of the new models (also to introduce players to the gameplay), rendering improvements, a new AI unit, cubemap lights (greatly improved over the D3 stock way of doing it), uncapped FPS, and an updated Dark Radiant map editor! :) The Dark Mod is also on Steam Greenlight now.
IqeBrowser is a program to browse IQE, IQM (Inter-Quake Model format) and many other 3D models. Any 3D model can be saved as IQM (a binary format) or IQE (a text format) file. You can download the latest version here. New features since 2.15 are:
- Skeleton/Model creator cuboid
- A new dialog. Creates models based on the skeleton and cuboids.
- Creates minecraft like models.
- Models can be imported from from the MCSkin3D application.
- Reuse of already existing minecraft model skins is possible.
- The current loaded model is exported as a Q3 player model.
- Resort joints tree by recursive walking the tree and bring the child's in a proper order.
- Re-links a joint to an other parent or make it a root joint.
- If meshes share the same texture, now all meshes are displayed. The selected mesh shows white lines, other meshes show light blue lines.
Here's the skinny:
- @ the Gaylord Texan. Rooms @ $185/night here, or call 1.877.491.5138 (the hotel)
- August 24-27th
- Still free to attend
Some things not posted yet:
- the cost of the BYOC
- new game announcements (but it's assumed Quake Champions will be discussed).
We've got new levels E2M5, Map09, E1M4b (To get to E1M4b you have to find the easter egg in E1M3 or cheat by entering "Map e1m4b" in the command console & to get to E1M8b you have to find the easter egg in E1M7 or cheat by entering "Map e1m8b" in the command console). GameHacKeR added new textures for the new levels and have removed a lot of unused textures and old duplicates, and he's also created parallax maps for various other textures.
Nehahra support -- better and deeper link
Mirror support, "mirror_" textures. video
Quaddicted install via console (i.e. "install travail")
Full external texture support DP naming convention
IPv6 support, enhanced server capabilities
Enhance co-operative play (excels at this!)
Software renderer version (WinQuake)
"Find" information command (ex. type "find sky")
You can get more information over at the Mark V website.
Brutal Doom 64 includes Brutal Doom 64 1.0 with Zandronum 3.0 Alpha. It can run with GZDoom if you're interested. You can also download an icon pack to choose your Start menu icon for! :) For multiplayer you need Doomseeker.
Also, Sergeant Mark IV says a new patch will be out soon to improve the way faux lens flares are rendered.
What is Brutal Doom 64? Well, it's Doom 64 (the Nintendo 64 version of Doom) converted to PC with Brutal Doom's action and gore. Give it a download now!
To follow up with the previous news post, Brutal Doom 64's not got a release date & trailer: October 30th, 2016. It will feature all the Doom 64 maps!
Doom 64 was the Doom released on Nintendo 64, which wasn't a port but a brand new game. Combined with the idea of Brutal Doom, this is to remake Doom 64 with more gore and action!
Sergeant Mark IV is showing off his work with Brutal Doom and Doom 64. He shows it off in Doom, Doom 2, and Final Doom. He plans on releasing this before October 31st.