From Func_Msgboard: World renowned Hawaiian zoo-keeper, extreme-metal online DJ and power-plant technician (think Homer Simpson with urban camo shorts) IONOUS has released his first stand-alone Quake map:
IqeBrowser is a program to browse IQE, IQM (Inter-Quake Model format) and many other 3D models. Any 3D model can be saved as IQM (a binary format) or IQE (a text format) file. You can download the latest version here. New features since 2.15 are:
- Skeleton/Model creator cuboid
- A new dialog. Creates models based on the skeleton and cuboids.
- Creates minecraft like models.
- Models can be imported from from the MCSkin3D application.
- Reuse of already existing minecraft model skins is possible.
- The current loaded model is exported as a Q3 player model.
- Resort joints tree by recursive walking the tree and bring the child's in a proper order.
- Re-links a joint to an other parent or make it a root joint.
- If meshes share the same texture, now all meshes are displayed. The selected mesh shows white lines, other meshes show light blue lines.
Here's the skinny:
- @ the Gaylord Texan. Rooms @ $185/night here, or call 1.877.491.5138 (the hotel)
- August 24-27th
- Still free to attend
Some things not posted yet:
- the cost of the BYOC
- new game announcements (but it's assumed Quake Champions will be discussed).
Func_Msgboard always has some awesome maps, now we've got more!
Func_Msgboard posts about a new Quake map. It was a canceled DM map that was converted to SP. Short and fun.
The first Retro Jam of 2017 happened and the theme was Egyptian. There were 17 (!!!) contributors to this Jam so I've only shown some of the pic's. You can view more pics here. Download the maps here, and be sure to leave your comments on Func_Msgboard!
Nehahra support -- better and deeper link
Mirror support, "mirror_" textures. video
Quaddicted install via console (i.e. "install travail")
Full external texture support DP naming convention
IPv6 support, enhanced server capabilities
Enhance co-operative play (excels at this!)
Software renderer version (WinQuake)
"Find" information command (ex. type "find sky")
You can get more information over at the Mark V website.